Thursday, October 18, 2007

NEWSFLASH: Astonishing News Just Revealed

You are the first to hear it...I have found out I have a long lost son who is being raised just minutes from my house by two very loving parents (and he has a younger brother). "Nate" as he is called is a wonderfully talented child (what would you expect?) and excels at just about everything. He is a senior in high school (like Devon) and has just gotten his driver's license...and get this....He just got a job TODAY at....of all places....Off Broadway Shoes...It brings a tear to a mother's eyes...The family discount I will get makes a lump well in my throat...

Okay, so he's not my son...he could learn to be. Photographer extraordinaire and admitted-only-owns-five-pair-of-shoes-but-wants-to-be-a-shoe lover (ha!) Karen's son just got a job at the shoe mecca...I am torn between euphoria for her (FINALLY - HE GOT A JOB) and sheer agony (WHY, WENDY'S DEVON, WHY?) Think of the discounts just waiting to be taken but going by the wayside...This travesty mustn't happen...Karen, you MUST begin to love shoes or turn over custody of Nate to me for the brief moments my feet hit OBS (until I get the discount!) and then, he's your son again...okay, don't be looking for any child support now...

Does he realize what a sweet job he has? .... shoe discounts, shoes, purses (okay, that's a stretch) -- ah that is the life...At least he doesn't have to wear a uniform, smell like Bacon Cheeseburgers and Biggie fries and wear a visor like Steve Spurrier. We don't even get a free Frostie out of the deal. WHY DEVON WHY?

Good luck Nate! Your loving mom MARY (that's M-A-R-Y)

No comments: