Wednesday, June 24, 2009

CHARLOTTE: I have the most terrible fear of heights.

CARRIE: I do not. You've seen my shoes.


Therein lies the problem...I too have a HORRIBLE fear of heights (Went to the top of Notre Dame but couldn't look out too far because I was clinging to the building...the Eiffel Tower was AMAZING from below...Big Sur and US 1 were great if I opened my eyes (BUT have you SEEN those cliffs?)...you get the picture - very sad...) But yet I LOVE 2 1/2+ inch shoes...Do you think that from this profound quote, I might (or can) be cured from this overwhelming fear? I do elevate myself to unnatural heights...IN SHOES! Where did this overwhelming fear of heights stem from? (Possibly from my visit to Ghosttown in the Glen and was left dangling on a sky lift by an incompetent carnival worker at age 4...hmmmmm) Talk amongst yourselves...

P.S. Pop (or Super Pop as I prefer to refer to him regarding the incident) jumped up, off the ground, 10-feet to push me in the basket of the skylift with my sisters...You hear of people lifting cars off of their children? My dad did the equivalent of a Michael Jordan leap on steroids to save me from a fall...Thanks Pop - for all of the times you told me to "Go play in the traffic," you still chose to save me from the skylift!

Shoes off to you Casey!

No comments: