Friday, August 17, 2007

BACK IN BLACK,Shop It To Me, HSM2,BB8 and Carowinds!

Okay, you knew I went to the Open House last night. I was banned from the pep rally but all the other parents "rallied" around me and encouraged us to stay so Mark and I walked proudly into the gym. Nolan and "THE GIRLS" friend Ali's brother Daniel (the son of the chest letter "F" for the September 6th home opener) shouted the girls names feverishly from the bleachers. I just sat back and smiled. Mark was in between us and I couldn't possibly reach over to tell the boys to hush as they heckled their sisters. It was a pinnacle moment of parenthood - I realized when you can't do it, you just must allow your children to embarass the heck out of their siblings. It was a very proud "ah-ha" moment for me.

The marching band was awesome at the rally! I was very impressed with their performance as was everyone else in the audience. "THE GIRLS" and Ali got over their extreme embarassment and played their hearts out! It was really great. Besides their performance, the highlight of the night was when the student council performed and had the spectators in the stands imitate what they were doing....to of one of the best songs of all time --- ACDC's Back in Black (the Nation Ford High School's mascot is the Falcon and their colors are Red and Black, hence the song selection....I don't think Chris De Burgh's "Lady in Red" would have had the same pep rally vibe so they went with the natural choice....) I had to resist the urge to pull out my air guitar and jump a-top the bleachers...although that would have gone off the charts on the embarassment meter and would have been an incredible moment for me as well - I would have added in character building for them, but I resisted...The stands were definitely rocking. The student council also performed to the bleachers on the opposite side and selected another great song but I was still revelling in the ACDC experience....The cheerleaders and dance team performed to "Party Like a Rock Star" a fine song by The Shop Boyz who put the CR in crunk -- I tell you, between performing to "Back in Black" and "Party Like a Rock Star", I feel the virtues of America, Apple Pie and Mama were passed along to our kids last night. Again, a proud moment for us parents.

I have not told you about this yet and it is another late breaking development...It is called "Shop It To Me." It is an email service that sends you the latest sales for all of your favorite shoe, clothing, accessories, etc., designers in the business. You get to chose all of the designers you are interested in and they send you the sales from all of the websites, stores, etc., on a DAILY basis! It is pretty awesome....CHECK IT OUT -- www.shopittome.com. Okay, so I do this....I pretend I have money and put the $1,218.00 Missoni Full Length Jacket in my shopping cart (it was regularly $1,523.00 so it qualifies as a bahgan)...along with the $335.00 Celine pumps (regularly $598.95). Then, I pretend to really contemplate the purchases..."hmmmm, it would go perfectly with my jeans, my suit, etc., but you know, the color is just off somehow." Then, I remove them from my shopping cart and have a cathartic experience - I feel that somehow I have made a very sound financial decision to refuse the "retail call"...Okay, Shop It To Me also features the Gap, Liz Claiborne and more main stream lines as well...But what fun is that, right? They really do have some great bahgans too (and I am not exagerating either $19.99 and up...)

Okay, is anyone else watching "High School Musical 2?" this evening? It is going to be a HUGE hit....men from all over Charlotte are calling in to Talk Radio shows to complain - their Big Screen TVs are being taken over by groups of giggling pre-pre-teens, pre-teens and teenage girls while they have been banished to watch "the game" on the small set they have in the guest room. Casey (extreme vegan and "non-preppy person" in her own words is watching it....okay, does that not seem like a very "preppy" movie....maybe it's just me.)

Me - Tonight, I will be watching "What Not to Wear" and "Shut Up!" and I think Stacy London has another new show premiering soon....Has anyone watched "Hollywood Ink" yet? Love Kat Von D....I am an admitted reality TV show junkie....

Speaking of reality shows -- Big Brother 8....the shoe salesman Justin GOT the proverbial "boot" instead of Dick, the uber-tattooed father of Daniele...Loved having a shoe salesman in the house and you just kind of got the feeling he really loves shoes, fashion and again, shoes, really high end shoes....Well, I don't think he did shoe sales people justice...He was pretty much a pompous kind of guy. Now, Nigel Tuffnel would have been perfect -- He always wanted to be a shoe salesman...(only Spinal Tap fans can appreciate this comment!)

Headed to Carowinds tomorrow with Mark's work -- "The" company picnic. Besides the fact I don't like rollercoasters anymore or anything that elevates me off of the ground, oh say, 12 inches, I will be spending the day holding drinks, towels, backpacks, sweaty tube socks, etc....I am eagerly anticipating this experience as I did my colonscopy three years ago. Pray for us.

If the shoe fits, buy several pair!

No comments: