Saturday, October 13, 2007

Okay, so am I a Valley Girl or what? Boys fashion (or lack thereof) AND just a college football observation

Okay, so I was just reading some of my blog entries and realize I say "okay" a lot...Does that make me a person aspiring to be a Valley Girl or what? Do you remember Valley Girls? If you don't, you are way too young to be reading this blog, so go put on your pullups, grab the blankie and go to bed - it's past your bedtime...OMG I think I am one. I did have the Valley Girl handbook and perhaps some of the sayings are indelibly etched in my mind...that's such a groddy thought though, totally...

Okay (see there I go again...) so it was Fall Festival today at Nolan's school ... AND, I did my civic duty -- Okay, (again, ugh!) Mark and I did beyond the civic duty -- got accosted by a lady (that's a stretch) whose kid lost his ride punch card -- uh, is it my fault your kid, oh, how should I put this delicately for those pull-up wearing people who don't remember Valley Girls? --okay, so lady (again, I use that term loosely) maybe he has his head up a certain posterior area? I knew the kid in preschool -- to say he was clueless is a complete compliment...Mark found the card though and not a thank you was given to him whatsoever...I am hoping she is at home now trying to pull her son's head and her own out of said posterior region...

Then, (I didn't say Okay! woo hoo!) a loving grandmother proceeded to put her 2 year old (or younger) child on the inflatable "ride..." okay, mind you, this had a probably 8 foot climbing wall with an equally long slide...she was by herself...I must get grandma with irate mom and perhaps they both can assist one another in getting their heads out of their tushies...Back to story...Well the child, DUH????, got scared halfway up the wall (heck, I'd be bugging out at 18-inches above the bounciness) and proceeded to climb down. I held her hand and brought her to the end of the "ride" to meet her grandmother and her mom...I told them what happened and they gasped, "She was scared?" Okay add this mom to the head extraction process...Uh, yes she was -- DUH?! Well, grandma turned to me and said, "Well, do I get my punch back since she didn't go through the ride?" Okay, look lady...the flippin' sign said 6 punches for the ride...I punched the card once saving your butt some money...Luckily, Mark (not in a stellar mood today by the way) turned around to her and said, "Okay (he gets that from me) uh, you want a punch back?...let me see if I can find one of the fraction of an inch pieces of paper and we will super glue it on for you." To which the mom promptly answered, "Don't worry about it..." I am with Nancy S. ...Miss Blue Hair was trying to work the Florida chard angle and we just weren't going for it...Did I tell you we worked the ride for more than 1 1/2 hours?...we were supposed to be there 45 minutes - our replacements never showed up...I am thinking they observed the ribbings we got from 2 moms and grandma and said, "No thanks!" NOTE TO SELF: DO NOT volunteer to "man" a booth at Fall Festival unless you are prepared to bring out the super, duper head vices to surgically remove craniums from gluteal regions...By the way, Nancy and Larry...LOVED prolonging your ticket agony by only charging your kids one punch per ride - I think I may have let them go through free too (evil laugh)...I went through ticket agony with my kids and loved sharing the joy with you!

So Nolan goes to the Fall Festival too...we come home and I realized the kid (who also wears two different socks to school) has his shirt on backwards (you can see the "tag" through his shirt)...I said, "NOLAN...HONEY...you have your shirt on backwards and everyone is able to tell that." To which he promptly replies to me, "Mom, only you, Stacy and Clinton ("What Not to Wear") would notice that."...I had no rebuttal. I think he might be right...Do you think he watches too much TV or observes fashion, shoes, etc., too much ? (wish he would pick up some clues)...SIDE BAR: He know how to polish shoes -- uh, what? Casey had to polish her ugh-lee band shoes today...oh y'all ugly can't even describe them -- they make orthopedic shoes look hot...Nolan knew what to do from observing the shoe shine shops at the airports...He has always said he wanted to be a pilot but do you think he likes airports because he likes to watch shoes being shined?...talk amongst yourselves...

I am happy to report that I do believe (thankfully) UGA has a seating arrangement for its players on the sidelines during football season...Unlike a certain team which will remain unnamed because they were the TOP party school (UGA was second) this year...I have got to look out for those upstanding schools espousing comeraderie amongst its students...Well, at unmentioned school, Mr. Dingle and Mr. Berry were photographed next to one another on the bench...hmmmm...But UGA does have a building that is called the "Butts-Meher (pronounced MEER)" building...say it fast. Not pretty...So I guess I can't rest on my seating laurels...am very glad for our seating chart on the sidelines though.

No comments: