Tuesday, October 9, 2007

WAY TO GO ST. THOMAS AQUINAS GIRLS' SCHOOL KNITTING TEAM - AND SOCKS!

A big shout out goes out to the St. Thomas Aquinas Middle School Girls' Knitting Team who showed up to play the Tennessee Volunteers in place of the mightly Bulldawgs this Saturday night...They did great! Apparently, the entire Bulldawg team was on vacation...Uh, what? While ALL of our receivers, offensive and defensive lines were filing their nails and getting facials, the Vols showed up, kicked our butts and took names... To add insult to injury, Larry Munson was not calling the game either...EGADS! Way to go girls! Are there any scholarships that are in jeopardy as a result of the playing? (or lack thereof)...I was taking away scholarships left and right on Saturday afternoon -- Being fiscally responsible is a great thing, ya know? Well, unlike the Shamecocks, at least our players show up to class...it would really help if they showed up to the game as well!

On a positive note, we had a great time at a Tennessee/Georgia party (on neutral ground)....Our TN buds were so classy at not rubbing it in...okay, I am not sure I could show so much restraint although I think I could (but hey, we didn't win so who knows? Perhaps I would be the epitome of class too...talk amongst yourselves on this one - could I do it?)...Nolan reminded me that I was not yelling (or cursing) as much as I usually do during a game (lovely he has that impression of me)...okay, I had to show Southern/SEC manners, right? I think Cynthia and Hack (they bleed orange) were told the same thing by their boys as well (no curse bombs were flying - who knew that could happen)...Hostess Kelly remained neutral -- although, I did get the sympathetic glance on more than one occasion...

SIDE NOTE: Cynthia and I BOTH brought a cake to the party...basically the same cake too (unbeknownst to us) -- with the Georgia and Tennessee logos! I guess that's what you do at a "Cake Party" (okay - it was really more of a "KEG" party)....in Mimi's words...Cake and Keg are interchangable in Mimi's vocabulary...amongst other words...

Okay on a positive note...I DID learn how to play Cornhole...while Cynthia and I were cheering one another on (and high fiving each other too) we were informed we were actually playing against one another...WHAT? ....hmmmm....the high fiving stopped and we promptly got our game face on...And, MY virtuous husband (remember golf?) tried to cheat Kelly and I out of a point during a game - AFTER I figured out the scoring system...you have GOT to watch the quiet ones...they are not to be trusted...Who knows how many points that he credited to his team versus mine before I "got it?!" He could have thrown me a bone (a Dawg bone) because my Dawgs were getting beat....BUT NO! He had to win...the score was announced by him after every toss...He's an engineer but sometimes the math thing (ahem) doesn't come so easy...points are added at a whim...I still love Cornhole...Note to self: Play on Mark's team, especially when others are imbibing...I will always win!

Okay, I did get in the bounce house too...broke my elbow in 8th grade in one of those but decided to face my fear and bounce with a bunch of boys! Okay, long story short, I squealed like a girl (okay, I am one) but even their 50-70 pound bodies were a formidable force against my unmentionable girth! They were catapulting me to the ceiling...I went down to the mat a couple of times (peeled my face off of the heavy-duty plastic) but my feable heart couldn't take it....I have been experiencing latent elbow pain every since...who knows how much therapy the boys will need seeing my stomach meeting my chin ...not pretty at all...

Did I tell you Cynthia wore the sweetest shoes? Awesome animal print flats with a quilted patent leather toe...To die for...again, in an amazing show of class, I was given permission by her to purchase the same pair (if I can find them!) $22 bucks at Target...okay, don't rush the stores...let me get mine first please!

Okay, you are dying to hear about socks, right? This is the email I sent to my friends late last week:

"For those of you in the FMES carpool line today, yes Nolan was wearing two different socks. Yes, I realize it and am mortified. Yes, I need to go to the laundromat to clean his socks since our washing machine is kaput (although he has clean, matching ones up in his sock drawer that is labeled “Socks and Boxers” – duh!) and Yes, he doesn’t care…one sock has an emblem on it, the other doesn’t so you can’t miss it and he’s wearing a plaid shirt that is clashing with everything…I think I am getting hives."

Should I be happy the kid doesn't care or should I be VERY afraid that he is clueless on the fashion front?....Discuss amongst yourselves...

Will the Dawgs crumble as a result of the loss?...I just want to beat the Gators...that's it! GO DAWGS!

THE DAWGS WILL RISE AGAIN...and I am getting those sassy flats if it kills me!

No comments: