Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Soiree and the Aftermath...

Okay, first off...I wore GREAT boots last night...Donald J. Pliner boots...I think I told you about these -- outrageously expensive originally...$29.99 in Asheville...black with reflective silver stripes down the side, pointy toes...to die for! And, I wore my shirt that said "Witchy" on it...Casey's response, "Oh, how appropriate." Nice there missy, well, I oughta..... I did have a witches hat adorned with feathers and silver (to match my shoes, hello?) AND a broom stick with flowing silver "bristles"... LOVED IT....

And our cul-de-sac party/candy distribution soiree...MORE food than a whole army could eat...I alone brought 4 pounds of shrimp (with dip), a HUGE crock pot of Lil' Smokies, Egg Rolls (with dip), Vegetable Crudite and 5 dozen cookies...We had food galore! Don't get me started on the "tiff" about giving away food .... Let's just say, when I make lots of food, I want anyone and everyone to enjoy it...END OF STORY...

Pedro, I mean Nolan, was hysterical and so "on" last night...When asked where his Tater Tots were, he promptly corrected the person and said, "Uh, Napoleon carries Tater Tots. If I had anything, it would be a cake." Not seen the movie? You don't understand ... this is totally out in left field. For those Napoleon officianados...you so get this!

And, I discovered neighbors (okay they live around the corner in another cul-de-sac) who ALSO love "The Office" AND SEC Football...And, they are moving...Darn....Kindred spirits, we discover one another and then poof, they're gone...

Casey was a cat...an alley cat nonetheless but a cat...Jessa was what I would classify as a street walker...WAS supposed to be a witch and then decided to don a halter dress with 4 inch heels - before I could catch her going out the door...I probably could've gotten her but figured she'd break a leg before she got down the the bottom of the hill on our walking trail...NICE...But, before they left, her "friend" -- was fighting for the mirror as he had spiked his hair and wanted to catch a glimpse....can you say, prima donna (is there a word for a male prima donna?)... Priceless moment...male species fighting over the mirror with a female species...I probably should've contacted CNN....Devon went as Devon with his girlfriend attached at his hip...Was amusing as he took her home and came back -- the monsterous thump of bass and rock music was heard throughout the cul-de-sac, pulsing from the mini-van...the mini-van...Let me say it again...the mini-van...Does that constitute an oxymoron? Cool rock music and a mini-van? Talk amongst yourselves!

No comments: