Friday, February 22, 2008

Almost a Shoe Tragedy....

There was almost a crisis in shoe paradise last evening...The Zebra Print, Pointy Toed Birthday Shoes (gorgeous) almost went to the big shoe store in the sky. Background: Thinking that I would look sassy at the baby shower last night, I decided to don said shoes to the party...Great idea...if it weren't raining. But have no fear, Mark held the umbrella and walked me to my neighbors car and (phew!) crisis averted...Until after the party. It was raining and I had no umbrella so I made a mad dash into our house with wild abandon across the front yard...Every leaf, speck of dirt, ounce of red clay in Fort Mill appeared to be lured to my shoes like moths to a flame. I figured I would let said clumps dry overnight and try to peel them off this morning...Bad idea...especially on the red clay part. But before you start mourning the death of one of the most beautiful uses of animal hair possible, I cleaned them...and cleaned them...and cleaned them. And I think those shoes have been ressurected from what would sure be the most tragic of shoe deaths. Just don't look too close when I wear those shoes...

Life is short, buy ten pair...enjoy the weekend and wear great shoes!

No comments: