Thursday, February 21, 2008

A GIRL NEEDS A GOOD PURSE AND SHOES, NO MATTER HER AGE, RIGHT?

Just got back from Babys-R-Us…(whoops...the name slipped)...Resisted the urge to visit Target and/or DSW for me (I am learning restraint even though my car almost went into auto-pilot in the parking lot and headed due east to right outside DSW)…Okay, was supposed to just get a gift card for little miss princess, right? A substantial gift card none-the-less...

Well, I saw the most adorable size 2 tennis shoes - I know it, please take the time to say, "Awwwwww....how sweet!" They are precious...they have hip bright bow prints on them - the bows are lined with silver stitching...AND they have zippers and a heart on the zipper “tag”…had to get them….A girl, no matter what her age, needs at least one pair of fabulous shoes…got the gift card (did I mention SUBSTANTIAL) and the shoes...Really was looking for some animal print stilhettos in size 2 but apparently those aren't available at the moment...I digress...

So then, I go to the Hallmark Gold Crown store (not a Crown Royal store even though it is five o'clock somewhere, right?)…Looked for wrapping paper when there it was…(yes you do hearing angels singing in the background...it was a fuzzy purse/gift bag (pink) that says “Tickled Pink”…a girl no matter what her age needs a great purse, right? And it was a bargain - two in one – a gift bag that doubles as a purse, right? So I got that too…and a cute card that wasn’t part of the same “line” but said “Tickled Pink” too…to break up the pastel and add a little additional “zip” to the packaging, I bought fuchsia, pale pink, bright green and orange striped tissue paper to put in the purse (which by the way, has satin ribbon handles…so sweet!)…I am feeling like the super star of gift giving right at the moment if I do say so myself...

Okay, so I almost went into baby longing mode when I snapped myself out of it...Perhaps it was my looking due East at DSW when I realized how much money I just spent on a yet-to-make-her-debut-little-bundle-of-soon-to-be-designer-wearing fairy princess! REALITY CHECK: I have TWO 15 year old daughters so I know what little witches those cute, sweet, innocent baby girls can turn into…All of Mark's pain and suffering (BOTH TIMES...another story) seems all well worth it at the moment...

No comments: