Thursday, February 21, 2008

I HATE SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!

Pick your jaw up from the floor...I hate shopping...for anyone BUT ME! Okay, and I only like to shoe shop for me (don't like to shop for clothes because of the girth at the moment...egads!) But still...how selfish I am, right? I am having to peel my rapidly expanding posterior region off of my office chair to go shop for (GASP!) someone else...like an unborn baby (she's going to be so sweet and she's registered at two stores)...I am going to a baby shower this evening and have lost track of time and realized this morning that I had gotten nothing for the party...and, GASP!, I have to go to a store that I have not been to in about 10 years or so...THANK GOD!

I think the trauma of receiving baby gifts for wedding gifts 15+ years ago marred me for life(okay, hold your horses there you all...Casey was born 10+ months after I was married)....Uh, my sister went into said Baby Store that I am visiting this afternoon (the "sister" store of the nightmare Toy Store that we parents have to brave every Christmas...I shudder to think of that)So, a few months after my wedding she goes into said baby shop and innocently said, "I am here to pick up some wedding gifts for my sister." Clerk's response? TOTAL SHOCK...in conservative Georgia mind you...Well, she was compelled to explain that I was married in early March and was delivering in late January...you do the math...And now I am wondering, why did both of my sisters not get my wedding gifts before my wedding???...hmmmm. I am thinking they inherited the procrastination gene like I did(hence my getting a gift the day of the baby shower)...

Back to MY story (It's all about me, right?)....Egads, all I remember is I got GREAT wedding gifts from the store (Pack-N-Play, etc.)....So now I have to go there again today and guess what? Thankfully I DON'T have anything to buy for myself....except if they have oversized clothes...which I can wear...for no reason except I just turned "middle-aged" (Nolan's terms) and the weight seems to be adhering itself around my mid-section like Velcro...

Off to shop (UGH!) ... There is a Target nearby though...hmmmm! Better yet...A HUGE OUTLET SHOE STORE...This shopping trip is taking a positive turn!!!

No comments: