Friday, June 27, 2008

65th and counting...

So this is my 65th entry in my blog...and still no word from Jen...I've all but given up hope...(heavy sigh - literally and figuratively...haven't exercised in MONTHS!)...

So I sneaked a peek on my shoe calendar and my man MB has a wonderful quote that was posted on the calendar (for this weekend)...(we have nicknames for each other...okay, maybe I have a nickname for him but I am sure he'd make up a cute one for me like "McSweetie"or "Ms. Thang" - I think that one's taken)...back to the quote:

"My shoes are not fashion, they are gestures." Manolo Blahnik

Manolo, shut up (in the words of Stacy London) Your shoes are works of art! Flawless...Did you know that he works without assistants or apprentices to design each and every pair of his thousands of designs! If that's not the work of an artist, I don't know what is...

So I found out about this cool charity today...Socks for Souls! (see on the side bar Soles4Souls which is another great one) They take new or gently used shoes and give them to people of all ages in developing countries and impoverished areas! A patient of ours works closely with this charity in Haiti and Central America...So the umpteen pair of shoes that I want to give away (shhhhhhhhhh - to make more room for new shoes - perhaps some Manolos...SUHWEET!) are going to go to a great cause...

But somehow, I am trying to picture someone wearing the lizard skin, round toed low cut boots that I have rarely worn...hmmm - he said any kind of shoes could be donated so I am going to put them in the pile! I have a couple of pair I have NEVER worn too and likely won't but I will feel better knowing that someone will wear them and love them! If you have any shoes (or socks) that you would like to donate, email me and I will be sure to bring them in for this great cause! I feel better already...Jen Schmen...I don't need no stinkin' Jen...This lifts me up!

(Okay Jen, if you read this, I don't really mean Jen Schmen...or stinkin' either -- it's just meant to add a little humor to the blog...I still heart you and can't quit you!)

Ta ta for now! Casey is playing her French Horn and I think a team of caribbou have gathered in my yard thinking it is a mating call!

No comments: