Saturday, June 28, 2008

Yesterday I Had Cankles (GASP!)

No lie...I had worn these sassy Ann Taylor mules to work yesterday...as the morning progressed, the pain increased but in the words of Fernando, "It doesn't matter HOW you feel, just as long as you look good." Well, I took that to a whole other level...Jessica Simpson, those shoes were not made for walking...they were made for people with feet the size and width of Barbie's not small watercraft like mine are.

So I got home from work and promptly took the hellish shoes off of my feet and proceeded to go about the business of blogging, checking email, etc....for several hours. Mark then called me and said that a couple of people were meeting after work and wanted us to come out with them and I gladly agreed...(People actually want to hang with us? WOW!) As he pulled into our driveway to pick me up for our night out, I started to put my shoes on and GASP! I looked at the devilish footwear along with my calves and ankles...cankles had appeared where they used to be and my feet had turned into big fleshy pillows the size of a professional football...I literally stuffed my feet into those pointy-toed nightmares and my feet were oozing out of the sides...

I opted to get the opinion of our usually gentler daughter and she looked at me feet thoughtfully and said, "Yeah, your feet are oozing out of the sides." NICE! I wore them any way...The other daughter would've said, "Uh, major oozing - DISGUSTING - and mom, you know you have cankles, right?" Double nice...

So I proceeded to go out with the co-workers with pillow feet, cankles and yes, my chipped front tooth...I swear I heard the soft sound of "Delieverance" playing in the background as we arrived...When my teeth turned purple it added that special little Southern touch...

UPDATE: Cankles have returned to ankles and calves this morning...The shoes (as sassy as they may be) will probably kicked to the curb.

No comments: